Applying for a new business licence?
Before any business licence is issued, applicants must contact Parks Canada. Click here to get started.
- Businesses operating within the town boundary need a business licence from the Municipality of Jasper. Apply online or pick up an application at the municipal Administration Office, located at 303 Pyramid Lake Rd.
- Municipality of Jasper business licence fees are a flat rate of $165.
- Businesses operating outside the town boundary need a business licence from Parks Canada.
- Businesses operating in both jurisdictions (i.e. taxis, contractors, guiding companies) need both a Parks Canada and a municipal business licence.
Renewing your business licence?
Municipality of Jasper business licences must be renewed every year on April 1. The Municipality will send an invoice in early March.
- To renew your licence you must provide a current copy of your liability insurance and proceed with payment by contacting the municipal Administration Office at 780-852-3356, by email, or drop in. The office is located at 303 Pyramid Lake Rd.
- The municipal renewal fee is $165.
- For businesses operating in both jurisdictions, you will need to renew both licences. Parks Canada business licence renewal information is available on its website.
Changes to your business information?
- For changes to your business name, address, incorporation number, etc., you must complete the online application form and attach all relevant documentation, or pick up a form at the municipal Administration Office, located at 303 Pyramid Lake Rd.
- Changes to the nature of your business may require you to start from the beginning of the business licence application process with Parks Canada.
Please see the Town of Jasper Business Licensing Bylaw #110 or contact the municipal Administration Office at 780-852-3356 or by email.