Street and Public Use Permit

When do you need a Street and Public Space Use Permit?

Street and Public Space Use Permits are needed any time you’re obstructing the normal use of the street or public space. This includes:

  • Road, lane, parking stall or sidewalk closures
  • Parking of any vehicle for longer than the posted limit
  • Placement of building materials, tools or machinery on the street
  • Stationing a mobile crane or building construction machine
  • Loading or unloading material, machinery, or equipment
  • Placement of a construction waste bin
  • Erection of scaffolding
  • Excavation on a public space
  • Commercial Filming
  • Special Events 
  • Installation of sidewalk seating (PDF)

Before you apply for a street use permit:
Plan ahead. A permit application takes a minimum of five (5) business days for review and approval.

Commercial contractors must have a Municipality of Jasper Business Licence (PDF).

 Applications must include:

  • Name, address and contact information of the applicant
  • A Traffic Accommodation Plan

Permit Application Form

Please note the application forms must be downloaded, completed, saved to your computer, signed and returned to Bylaw Services.

Street and Public Space Use Permit Application (PDF)

Event Permit Application (PDF) 

Film Permit Application (PDF)

Submit Applications to:
Completed applications can be scanned and emailed to or in person at the Administration Office, 303 Pyramid Lake Rd.

Looking for more information?
Bylaw #193: Commercial Use of Public Space (PDF)

Contact Bylaw Enforcement Services at or 780-852-5514.