Below are links to places that offer the basic services and products you need for day to day life in our community.
Food Recovery and Food Bank
- Jasper Food Recovery stops food from going to the landfill. Check out their Facebook page for current opening hours.
- Jasper Food Bank provides food to residents in times of need. It is located at the Anglican Church and is open every Thursday from 6-6:30pm. you can find out more information on their Facebook page.
- 3 Sheets Jasper:
- Coin Clean Laundry (Inside Snowdome Café)
Note: Most pharmacies offer home delivery services.
See related services such as medical clinics and health information on our Healthcare page
Having a pet in Jasper is a different than other places because we are in a National Park. All dogs and cats must be licensed annually in the town of Jasper As per the Jasper Domestic Animal Bylaw (PDF),
Purchase a Pet Licence
Purchase a Pet Licence at the Town Administration Office located at 303 Pyramid Lake Road. See the licence fees below:
|Neutered or Spayed Dog||$30|
|Non-Neutered or Spayed Dog (less than 6 months of age, more than 9 years of age)||$30|
|Non-Neutered or Spayed Dog (over 6 months of age, less than 9 years of age)||$105|
|Neutered or Spayed Cat||$15|
|Non-Neutered or Spayed Cat (less than 6 months of age, more than 9 years of age)||$30|
|Non-Neutered or Spayed Cat (over 6 months of age, less than 9 years of age)||$100|
|Licence tag replacement||$10|
Jasper & Valemount Veterinary Clinic can take care of your pet’s health needs.
Phone: (780) 852-5551
Address: 6 Stan Wright Drive
Jasper Pet Outpost offers dog daycare, kennel services, pet food and more.
Phone: (825) 422-0010,
Address: 48 Stan Wright Dr.
Key points for pet owners:
- There is one off leash Dog Park in Jasper, located at the corner of Hazel Avenue and Sleepy Hollow Road. You can walk to the park from downtown by following the path that goes under the train tracks at the end of Hazel Avenue. A parking lot is also directly across from the area for easy access.
- Plan ahead before using the trails and recreation areas in Jasper. Pets are not allowed in all areas. Look for notices at trailheads or ask at the Parks Canada Information Centre to find out where pets are allowed.
- Please do not leave your pet alone at campsites or in vehicles.
- Pets are not allowed to chase wild animals in the National Park.
- Please clean up after your pet.
The following places sell day-to-day household products you may need:
You will also find homeware products in local stores and other retailers.
Mechanics (Vehicle Repairs and Servicing)
- Jasper Tire: 780-852-5561
Taxis & Transportation
Alpine Traveler: This bus service offers a weekly Jasper town run for locals and a trip to Hinton twice a month. The bus is accessible for people with diverse abilities and will pick up and drop off from your home. Trips are open to all locals however, seniors are given priority.
Call or text: 780 931 9800
Local taxi services
Transportation outside of Jasper
- E-Bus: Offers bus services between Edmonton and Kamloops via Jasper.
- SunDog Transportation & Tours: Offers bus services between Jasper and Edmonton, Calgary and Banff.
- Via Rail: Offers train services across most major cities and towns in Canada.
Jasper United Thrift Shop: In the basement of the United Church. The store sells used clothing, shoes, homeware, toys, books, sports equipment and more. Check out the Community Calendar or their Facebook page for information on hours of operations and how to donate.
People are often selling new and used products on Facebook Buy and Sell pages. These pages are a great way to save cash and find items you may not be able to buy in town.
- Jasper, AB, Buy, Sell and Trade
- Jasper Local Deals and Steals
- Baby & Kids Buy & Sell - Jasper, Alberta
Learn more about childcare, early learning and schooling on our Schools and Childcare page.
Utilities and Garbage
If you own a property, you will have to set up utilities such as gas, electricity, water, sewer & garbage.
Garbage, Recycling and Compost:
Dispose of household garbage in the large bins that are located on each block of all residential and commercial areas in Jasper.
The waste bins are colour coded:
Brown: Residential waste
Blue: Cardboard recycling
Green: Kitchen compost
Learn more about recycling, composting and sustainability in Jasper.
Electricity & Gas:
The Utilities Consumer Advocate website has more information and compares options for electricity and gas providers in Alberta. Below are some commonly used providers:
- Alberta Co-operative Energy (ACE)
- Direct Energy Regulated Services
- Direct Energy Unregulated Services
- EasyMax by Enmax
Water and Sewage
If you own a property, you will have to sign up for water and sewer services. See our Utilities page for details and contact information.
Because Jasper is a rural location, there may be a delay to setting up wifi. Use the Whistleout website to compare prices or contact the following service providers for more information:
- Shaw Cable online
Or by phone at: 1-888-472-2222
- Telus online
Or by phone: 1-888-811-2323
Wifi in Jasper: The following places offer free public wifi connections for accessing the internet:
- Jasper Activity Centre
- Jasper Fitness & Aquatic Centre
- Jasper Municipal Library
- Shaw Go : Guest & customer access
Many local cafes and restaurants also offer WIFI access to customers.
All mail goes to the local post office and is sorted into either PO Boxes or General Delivery. The post office is located at: 502 Patricia Street, Jasper.
Mailing address for General Delivery
You can have mail sent to General Deliveries and collect any mail at the post office with your ID. To do this write your address as:
'General Delivery – *Your Name*
502 Patricia Street, Jasper AB T0E 1E0'
* General Deliveries does not let you know if mail has arrived. Check at the post office regularly or keep a tracking number.
Get a Post Office Box:
- Visit the Jasper Post Office, 502 Patricia St. to sign up for a PO box.
- Bring proof of ID and your residency in Jasper (such as a drivers license, rental lease, staff-housing agreement or pay-stub).
Post Office hours: